When the summer cottage was used exclusively for gardening work, it was possible to put up with the fact that water either had to be carried from a source, or it was supplied centrally on days determined by the board of the gardening partnership. Today, cottages are being built on the plots, the owners of which spend outside the city not only summer, but also winter. Under such circumstances, water supply in the country from a well or well becomes an urgent need. Water should be supplied to the house around the clock and be clean: the health of all family members depends on it.
Well as a source of autonomous water supply
The well itself is the main advantage when choosing a source of water supply. If there is already this structure on the site, it must certainly be used. If the source has yet to be made, then an important factor is the depth of the water in a particular area.
You can learn more about how to find water for a well from the material: https://diz-cafe.com/voda/kak-najti-vodu-dlya-kolodca.html
A well is a wonderful source of water: with it there will always be water on the site if there is a bucket, and for the operation of the well, the presence of electricity is an indispensable condition
If the depth of the drinking water allows you to build a well, its advantages become obvious:
- If there is a well, you should not worry that there will be no water on the site during a power outage. If there is water in it, then it is easy to extract it from there manually.
- Well water generally contains fewer unwanted iron impurities that are often present in well water. And the point here is not in the casing, which can be made of plastic, but in the quality of water layers. Of course, both the one and the other water is better to be cleaned with filters so that impurities do not harm health.
- Aquifers can become silted or sandy. If such a nuisance happens to a well, the owner will be able to clean it on his own: for this, only a bucket and a shovel are needed. As for the well, you will first have to find out the reason why the water stopped flowing, then you will need to look for specialists who can eliminate this reason.
- When operating a well, it is more convenient to use a submersible pump. This is where he won't get stuck. It is much easier to repair it or change the solenoid valve, having a country water supply from a well, than similar work with a source in the form of a well. The solenoid valve is disengaged and the pump can then be lifted to the surface using a rope. For the same work with the downhole option, it is necessary to dismantle the sealed head, which not everyone can do.
- The pipe in the well has a small volume, for this reason, during the conservation process, water goes into the well and into the sewer network. When using a well, water only gets into it. It is easier to build and preserve the water supply system from the well to the house.
In a number of regions, drilling a well will have to obtain a special permit, and all kinds of coordination procedures significantly complicate the process of performing work.
Depending on the location of the well, its aquifers can become silted or sandy, then it can be easily cleaned
The well fits perfectly into any landscape and becomes a decorative element, but at the same time retains its unchanged functionality
An indirect, but undoubted advantage of any well is its appearance. If you wish, you can play with its presence, making it a noticeable and attractive element that can become a highlight of the design of a landscape site. Read about it: https://diz-cafe.com/voda/oformlenie-kolodca-na-dache.html
Work on the organization of country water supply
Thinking about how to make a water supply from a well, handyman summer residents are waiting for dry warm days when it will be possible to start the practical implementation of their own ideas.
Development of a water supply scheme
In order not to find yourself in a situation where the result does not correspond to what was conceived, it is necessary to translate all your own ideas into a detailed diagram of a water supply system from a well. In this scheme, all the constituent elements should initially be taken into account: a pump, pipes, a hydraulic accumulator, relays, filters, a boiler, collectors and points of water consumption.
The material on the types of filters for water purification will also be useful: https://diz-cafe.com/voda/filtr-ochistki-vody-dlya-dachi.html
All elements of the future structure should be marked, and the paths for laying pipes around the house should be marked. It is good if the scheme is executed in compliance with a certain scale. Then it will immediately become clear how much and what kind of material and components must be purchased.
The collector circuit for connecting the water supply allows you to maintain the optimal pressure in the pipes, regardless of how many points of water intake will be operated at the same time
Pipes in the house can be laid in two ways, so that the consumption points are connected:
- Consistently. This option will suit the owners of a small house in which 1-2 people constantly live. Water flows throughout the house through the main piping. A tee with a branch is mounted opposite the consumption points. If several consumers want to use water at the same time, due to the low pressure in the network, this will be problematic.
- Collector method. Each consumption point has its own pipe from the collector. Each point will receive almost equal water pressure. The losses that will add up due to the distance from the pumping station are inevitable, but they are not so significant.
The second option is more expensive due to the larger number of pipes required to implement it, but the result is worth both the effort and expense. We choose a collector circuit, which will be discussed further.
Installation of suburban water supply
For a water supply device from a well, a submersible pump is most often chosen. The choice in favor of a pump of this type is made due to the fact that its operation proceeds without noise. The pump is placed under water, which is a natural sound insulator, and the sound of the equipment does not penetrate the surface.
The submersible pump should be located in the well at a distance of about 0.8 m from its bottom, it works absolutely silently, because it is located under water
When using a submersible pump, the preservation procedure is also easier, if the need arises. Water completely flows out of the system after the special drain solenoid valve is opened. If a surface pump is used in the water supply system, it is necessary to drain the water from the pump housing itself. At the next start-up, the surface pump must be filled with water again.
An overview of the types of pumping structures will help in choosing the most suitable pump: https://diz-cafe.com/tech/nasos-dlya-vody-dlya-doma.html
The submersible pump is located at least 0.8 meters from the bottom of the structure. The system drain valve must be more than 3 meters above the ground. So that the water from the system can be completely drained through this valve, the underground part of the pipeline is also laid with a slope to the source.
Trenches must be dug to lay pipes. The depth of the trenches depends entirely on how the suburban water supply is supposed to be used. If water is needed only in the warm period from late spring to early autumn, then trenches 1 meter deep will be enough.
If the operation of the water supply system is not stopped in the winter period, then it should be laid at a depth that would be below the level of soil freezing. For the middle lane, the depth of the trench at the entrance to the water source should be approximately 2 meters from the ground.
When building a new home, it is easier to lay pipes under the foundation. If this is not possible, and there is no access to the subfloor, the surface method of laying can also be used. In both cases, it can be done so that the operation of the water supply system will be possible during periods of significant cold weather. A heating cable is placed in the section of the pipe that is located in the cold zone. In this part of the pipeline, a positive water temperature will be maintained, which will not allow the system to freeze.
When installing a summer cottage water supply system in a house, it is necessary to create a slope towards the supply pipe, because during the conservation process it will also drain. The structure of the water supply system located in the house includes a hydraulic accumulator, which plays a stabilizing role in the operation of the system. Thanks to it, the differences that are formed when starting and stopping the pump are compensated.
Schematic legend: 1-heating cable; 2,9,10,18,19,21,22,25,26 - shut-off valve; 3,11,23,24 - drain; 4-sump; 5-pressure switch; 6-hydroaccumulator; 7-dry running relay; 8 - carbon filters; 12-heater; 15-filter for degreasing; 13,14,16,17,20,27 - points of consumption; 28-valve
The system must maintain a constant pressure in the range of 2.5-4 atm. A pressure switch is responsible for maintaining it, which must be included in the water supply system. The function of a kind of fuse is performed by another relay - dry running. It is used in case there is not too much water in the well. When the water level drops to a point where the continuation of normal operation of the system is impossible, this relay turns off the pump, preventing an emergency.
After the accumulator, a tee can be provided, equipped with a locking mechanism, which will divide the water according to the type of further use into technical and drinking water. The latter must be cleaned in the filter system.
The material on the features of the water supply device of a country house from a well will also be useful: https://diz-cafe.com/voda/vodosnabzheniya-zagorodnogo-doma-iz-kolodca.html
Another tee will divide the flow into cold and hot water. The cold water pipe is connected to a manifold with shut-off valves on the consumption lines. The hot water pipe brings water to the heater, after which it will be distributed through the manifold throughout the house.
Plumbing in a private house is an affordable luxury that many can afford if they show ingenuity, patience, hard work and efficiency.
Plumbing in the house makes life much easier for summer residents in the warm season, and in the cold months, its availability turns into an urgent need.
Rate the article:
(2 votes, average: 5 out of 5)
Share with your friends!
Dacha water supply with your own hands from a well
Working at a summer cottage is simply unthinkable without a source of clean water. Water is needed not only for watering plants, but also for other household needs, and it is much more convenient and healthier to drink your own natural water than to bring bottled water from the city.
Many summer residents have a summer water supply system that allows them to water the plants without hindrance. Well water can also help with this. However, not every garden plot has a well. In addition, it often happens that summer residents use their suburban homes for permanent residence. In these cases, you need to make sure that you have your own reliable water supply system that would work both in summer and winter, depending on your needs.
- 1 Preparation for work
- 2 What an autonomous water supply system consists of
- 3 What are the water pipes
- 3.1 Summer
- 3.2 Winter plumbing
- 3.2.1 Do-it-yourself measures for insulating a summer cottage water supply for the winter
- 4 Where to get water, or how to choose a source of water supply
- 4.1 Centralized source of water supply
- 4.2 Shaft well
- 4.3 Well
- 5 We start making a country water supply
- 5.1 Installation of pumping equipment
- 5.1.1 Video: how to mount a water supply system with a pump with your own hands
- 5.2 Submersible pump
- 5.2.1 Video overview of a submersible pump for water supply
- 5.3 Automatic pumping station
- 5.4 Video review of an automatic pumping station for organizing a water supply system in the country.
- 5.1 Installation of pumping equipment
- 6 Installation of plumbing in the house
- 6.1 Video: how to properly work with plastic pipes.
- 7 Installing filters
- 7.1 Video: installing filters during the construction of a country water supply system
- 8 Installation of water heating system
- 8.1 Video instructions for installing the water heater
For its installation, you can call a team of specialists, but there is an option to make a water supply system in the country house with your own hands from a well. And this task is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. Self-installation of a water supply system brings a lot of benefits:
- an obvious plus - saving money
- you gain valuable experience in installing a water supply system, which may come in handy in your home more than once
- you can make a suburban water supply system with your own hands from a well according to your own project, taking into account exactly your needs and the peculiarities of the territory of the garden plot.
What types of wells are there and how are they equipped?
If we talk about wells in more detail, then they are all divided into three types. The difference between them lies only in the material that is located at the bottom. Based on this criterion the following wells are distinguished:
From any of them, if desired, the site owner can supply water to his summer cottage. However, one should not forget that well drilling must be carried out to a certain depth and each of these three materials has a certain depth of occurrence. For example, there are sands already at a depth of 1 meter. Next is the clay. In this regard, limestone developments are the cleanest, since their depth starts from 50 m. They can go up to a depth of 150 meters.
It is enough to drill such a deep well, and you can forget about the lack of water. She will provide you with water for the entire period of site maintenance. However, the important point here is the correct equipment of the drilled well. When a hole is drilled in the ground, then a pipe is lowered into it, which is called a casing. It will exclude shedding of the soil, as well as the penetration of water, which is located on higher layers of the soil. There are also certain nuances here.
Primarily, they are connected to the pipe itself... If the hole is small, then the pipe will fit. If the hole has a large diameter, then certain difficulties arise. Pipes in most cases are smaller in size, which leads to the need to create additional reinforcement. It is provided by filling in the cavities present between the pipe and the borehole walls. Crushed stone or cement is usually used as a material for such reinforcement.
Many dacha owners refuse to use wells, preferring wells - they are cheaper and, in principle, more reliable. And one more piece of advice.
Advice! When developing a wiring diagram for a water supply system in a house, make sure that the diagram of this water supply system remains with you in paper or electronic form. This is necessary so that by performing some actions to redevelop buildings on the site, or planting trees with a powerful root system, you do not damage the existing water supply. And, by the way, when repairing or replacing, it will be easier to dig it out with a diagram.