Repaired raspberry is one of the favorite berries of gardeners. Its advantages include ease of care, the ability to quickly form root shoots and the ability to harvest all season. In this article we will talk about the description of the raspberry variety "Bryansk Marvel", consider the advantages and disadvantages, as well as the peculiarities of planting and care.
Description of the remontant raspberry "Bryansk Marvel"
In 2001, the Bryanskoye Divo variety was bred by breeders SN Evdokimov and IV Kazakov after pollination of the interspecific form 47-18-4.
Since this is a remontant raspberry, the fruits appear and ripen unevenly. Its fruits begin to ripen by the end of August, the berries are harvested until November. Up to 4 kg can be harvested from a bush. Fruits are harvested every 1-2 days in the morning when the dew dries up or in the evening if there is no rain.
The berries are stored at 0 ° C in the refrigerator for about 5 days. The variety is perfect for growing in the middle regions of Russia.
Characteristics of bushes and berries
The height of the bush is 1.5-1.8 m, it is semi-spreading and rather compact. The bush has 5-7 powerful branches and a few thorns. Leaves are dark emerald in color with denticles along the edges.
On the bush grow conical scarlet berries, they are up to 4 cm long. Their average weight is 5-6 g, but fruits weighing 11 g are found. Their taste is sweet, with a slight sourness. The fruits contain: sugars 5.6%, organic acids - 2.2%, carotene - up to 0.3%, ascorbic acid - 44.6 mg%. The difference between this variety and others is that 2 fruit branches grow from each node of the shoot.
- The variety bears fruit for quite a long time and the berries can be harvested already in the first year after planting.
- High yield.
- The berries are large.
- The variety has medium drought and heat resistance.
- Raspberries are moderately hardy, withstand frosts down to -20 ° C.
- The berries are difficult to transport as they can only be transported for 48 hours.
- There are thorns on the bush, so the berries are picked in protective clothing.
Lighting and soil requirements
Raspberries of the "Bryanskoe Divo" variety love sandy loams and loams, as well as good lighting, they do not grow on heavy soils. Because of this, choose a location that is away from houses and trees.
The occurrence of groundwater should be no higher than 1.5 m. Raspberries should not be planted after nightshades and strawberries.since these plants have similar diseases.
It is best to plant the bushes in October or early spring before the buds swell.
- When planting in autumn, the land is prepared in 30 days.... If you plan to plant the bushes in the spring, then the soil can be prepared half a month before. Make grooves with a depth and width of 0.5 m, when planting, leave a gap of 1.7 m between the seedlings, and keep a distance of 1.5-2 m between the ditches.
- Pour rotted manure or ready-made compost with a layer of 0.2 m at the bottom of the groove, and another 30 g of superphosphate per bush.
- It is preferable to buy seedlings that are 1 year oldhaving developed rhizomes with a length of 15 cm. The thickness of the branches should be about 1 cm.
- Prune the seedlings so that the branches are 0.3 m long.
- Place the seedling in the groove, straighten the roots, sprinkle with earth. Cover with soil so that the root collar is 3-5 cm above the ground level.
- Then water the bushes at the rate: a bucket of water (10 liters) per 1 m of the groove.
- Pruning. After planting, in the first year, raspberries grow stems on which berries ripen. These shoots are removed in autumn in October or November. They are cut at a level of 3 cm from the surface. In April, dry or frozen shoots are pruned.
- Watering. To understand whether you need to water the raspberries, dig a small clod of earth near the bush and squeeze it with your hands. If the lump does not crumble, then the humidity is 70% and the raspberries do not need watering, but if they disintegrate, then the raspberries need to be watered. Dig 2 grooves 10 cm deep, backing 0.7 m from the row, pour water into them. For 1 m of the groove, 4 buckets of water are required.
- Top dressing and loosening. In the spring, take 2 kg of manure in a bucket of water. They feed the mullein solution, pouring it into the grooves, which are 50 cm from the raspberry. For one bush, 5 liters of diluted mullein are used. At the end of June, they are fed with the same solution. Also, in the spring, a complex mineral fertilizer is applied - 100 g of nitroammofoska per 1 m2In spring, even before the buds swell, they loosen the soil to a depth of 15 cm so that oxygen flows to the roots. Further, loosening is repeated if weeds have grown or a stuck earthen crust has appeared. During the season, weeds are pulled out and loosened 4-6 times.
- Garter to the trellis. Drive wooden stakes into the ground along the edges of the trench and tie a wire between them in several rows every 40-50 cm. Then tie the raspberries.
- Preparing for winter. Since the variety is moderately hardy, it needs to be covered for the winter. To do this, mulch the ground around the bushes with straw or fallen leaves in a layer of 30 cm.
In the second year after the planting of the Bryansk miracle bushes, shoots begin to grow next to them. When the processes are 15-20 cm high, they can be transplanted to a permanent place. This is done in the evening if the weather is cloudy.
First, grooves are dug, observing an indent of 1.5 m. Rotted manure is poured into them. Then the shoots with the roots are dug out. The shoots are placed in the grooves and the roots are covered with earth. Then watered and mulched.
This is done in September. A branch is cut off from raspberries, it is cut into pieces of 7-10 cm. Then the cuttings are placed in a solution of the biostimulator "Kornevin" for 6 hours. In the greenhouse, a substrate is made from sand and peat soil. Then the cuttings are buried in the ground at an angle of 45 °. Cuttings, when their roots grow, are transplanted to a permanent place.
You may also be interested in the following articles about raspberries:
In the fall, after picking the berries, a root 1 cm thick is cut off from the mother bush. Then the root is cut into cuttings 15 cm each. For the winter they are placed in boxes with dry sand and taken to the cellar. In the spring they are placed for 6 hours in a solution of "Kornevin", and then laid in the grooves horizontally and sprinkled with earth.
- Juice is squeezed out of the fruit.
- Grind the pulp, pour water at room temperature into it and mix.
- Next, select the seeds that float on top.
- The seeds are washed, dried, poured into a container and slightly sprinkled with earth.
- Planting substrate is made by mixing garden soil with a small portion of sand and peat.
- When there are 2 real leaves on the sprouts, they dive, planting the seedlings in separate pots. Then they put it in a warm place. When the plants grow up to 15-20 cm, then they are transplanted to a permanent place.
How to increase the yield of bushes?
Gardeners should remember that remontant raspberries need a warmer place than regular varieties and choose a place for raspberries that is well lit by the sun and protected from northern winds.
Use the double cropping method, to increase yields. At the end of May, when the shoot grows to 1-1.2 m, cut it 5-10 cm, this will stop its growth in length and will awaken the buds present in the axils of the upper leaves. By autumn, there will be 4-6 lateral growths on the shoot with a length of 0.4-0.9 m.
Then, a year later, in the spring, shorten the tops of the lateral stems by 10-15 cm.
Features of the raspberry variety "Bryansk miracle"
- Since raspberries have long shoots on the side, they are planted, keeping a distance of 1.7 m, and must be tied to a trellis.
- If your berries are more rounded than conical, then this is a re-grading.
Raspberries of this variety cannot stand the lack of watering. In hot weather, the berry is not baked, but it becomes smaller. Therefore, drip irrigation is used in case of heat.
- It is best to plant the raspberry variety "Bryansk Divo" in the fall.
- It is advised to pick off twigs with buds that are at the surface of the soil.
Diseases and pests
White leaf spot
With it, rounded light brown spots appear on raspberries, then they become light with a brown border. For treatment, after harvesting the fruits, the bushes are sprayed, dissolving 40 g of colloidal sulfur in a bucket of water. Watering rate with solution - 0.2 l per 1 m2.
Purple leaf spot
Purple spots form on the branches and leaves, which then turn brown. A diseased bush does not produce berries. To cure raspberries, it is required to spray the bushes with 1% Bordeaux liquid before the start of the growing season or after picking berries.
A grayish bloom is visible on the leaves, grayish hairs on the fruits, the berries smell unpleasant. In early spring, the bushes and the ground under them are cultivated by dissolving 40 g of the Hom preparation in a bucket of water, 1 bucket is enough for a hundred square meters.
On the leaves, orangey tubercles are visible, inside them there are spores. The diseased branches dry up. When rust appears in the spring, the plant is sprayed by diluting 200 g of Nitrafen in a bucket of water. After harvesting, they are treated with a solution, diluting 2 Oxychom tablets in a bucket of water.
With her, the leaves curl inward, the raspberry stops giving berries.
With her, cream or light green spots are visible on the leaves, the berries stop tying.
First, a large number of thin small shoots grow on the roots, then the fruits of raspberries stop tying.
Curliness, mosaicism and overgrowth cannot be cured, you can only dig up diseased bushes and burn them.
Weevils lay eggs in buds, after which whitish larvae emerge from them.
To eliminate the pest, the plant is sprayed before the flower buds bloom, making a solution of 1 Spark tablet in a bucket of water. After harvest, you can spray the raspberries with 0.2% Karbofos.
Beetles eat leaves and stalks. To fight raspberry beetles, you need to spray the bushes with Confidor's solution before flowering, adding 1 ml of solution to a bucket of water.
When gall midge is affected, orange-colored larvae live under the bark of the stems, which eat the plant. To combat gall midge, the bushes and the ground around them are sprayed with Aktellik.
The flies lay their eggs in the shoots, then the branches dry up.
She eats kidneys.
To eliminate stem flies and kidney moths, before flowering raspberries, they are treated with a 0.3% solution of Karbofos.
For prevention, burn the leaves in the fall, dig up the ground by 15 cm in the fall and spring. Do not forget to pull out the weeds 5-6 times during the season and loosen the soil.
If you plant raspberries "Bryansk Marvel" in your area, you can enjoy delicious berries until frost. In addition, the variety is very high-yielding, since up to 4 kg of fruits are harvested from the bush.
Malina Bryanskoe Divo: planting and care
Do you like large raspberries? Then you will like the amazing Bryanskoe Divo variety. This remontant variety was bred by Russian breeders in 2001 and after 5 years it began to be popular among gardeners. If you plan to grow raspberries not only for yourself, but also for sale, then this remontant variety is best suited.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety (table)
|High yield||Insufficient transportability of berries|
|Low susceptibility to viral and fungal diseases||Increased spike formation|
|Moderate shoot formation|
|Good survival rate during transplantation|
|High decorative qualities in autumn|
As can be seen from the table, the advantages of the Bryansk diva are many times greater than its disadvantages. However, the second drawback can be interpreted as an advantage: the presence of thorns prevents birds from pecking raspberries.
Pros and cons of the remontant variety Bryanskoe Divo
The advantages of the variety include:
- high yield and large-fruited
- long fruiting period
- good winter hardiness and heat resistance
- high immunity to diseases and pests.
- tendency to fungal diseases in violation of the rules of agricultural technology
- change in the taste of berries with a lack of watering and lighting
- the presence of thorns on the shoots.
Diseases, pests of the variety and the fight against them
The disease resistance of the variety is average. In order not to have to treat the bush or even remove it, it is better to carry out prevention:
- it is impossible to allow shading of the bushes or plant them close - high humidity and shade can provoke fungal diseases. Raspberries love the sun. And mulching will help slow down the drying of the earth.
- you only need to use well-rotted organic matter. Fresh manure is a disease carrier
- it is necessary to regularly loosen the ground - the roots will receive oxygen and will not rot, and the larvae of the pests will die
- after fruiting, all the branches of the bush must be cut off, the fallen leaves and weeds must be removed and burned, and the earth around the bush must be dug up.
Table: methods of prevention and treatment of diseases
Photo gallery: raspberry diseasesLight spots that occur with white spot grow and destroy the leaf plate Purple spotting leads to kidney death The yellow bumps of rust contain spores that are transferred to other shoots. Leaves curled up in curly crumble, and the crop does not ripen Mosaic leads to thinning of the stems, the berries do not develop "Witch's broom" destroys the bush and cannot be treated
A reliable way to prevent pest damage is to loosen the soil in the fall and trim all shoots to a height of 5 cm. In this case, the development cycles of the plant and pests do not coincide, and the raspberries remain intact. If you find egg-laying, larvae, destroyed buds, rotten berries or eaten shoots on raspberries, then the bushes can be saved (but before buds form or ovaries appear!) By spraying them with 0.1% Confidor solution or 0.2% Karbofos solution. Additional protection will be processing 3 weeks before harvesting with Iskra - 1.5 liters per 10 m 2 (1/6 tablet will be needed).
Photo gallery: who threatens raspberriesWeevils infect raspberry flowers Raspberry beetle larvae damage berries, reducing yields Gall midge will lead to the death of the entire bush Stem fly damages shoots Kidney moth does not allow the bush to develop
The ripening of the Bryansk diva berries begins in the last decade of August, and the fruiting period itself lasts until November. The yield of one bush is 3-4 kg on average. Raspberries ripen unevenly. Only red berries should be picked. The crop is harvested in 1-2 days in dry weather in the morning, when the dew has melted, or in the evening.
Important! It is advisable to remove berries for transportation with a stalk.
The harvest is put into baskets with a capacity of up to 4 kg. It is not recommended to use large containers, as the raspberries on the bottom are remembered. Damaged berries are laid in a separate container. Berries are stored at 0 ° C for no more than five days. Therefore, it is advisable to immediately consume or process them. Juices, jam, jams, preserves are made from the fruits of the Bryanskoe Marvel variety.
ATLANT Remontant raspberry variety. The bush is medium-sized (1.4 - 1.6 m), slightly spreading. Spines are sparse, short, concentrated in the lower part of the stem. The leaves are large, wrinkled, dark green. Productivity is high 2.0 - 2.5 kg per bush. The beginning of ripening of berries - in the second decade of August, before frost ripens 75-90% of the crop. The berries are large, weighing 5.0 - 5.5 g (maximum - 9 g), dense, transportable, well separated from the fruit plant, attractive elongated-conical shape, with uniform drupes, can hang on the bush for a long time without decay. The taste is sweet and sour, the pulp is tender, juicy.